Bill of materials including MTBF

Homepage Forums Open Source Ventilator Project Bill of materials including MTBF

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Please discuss bill of materials and mean time between failure here.

John Beckos

I think this is a great idea and we may end up having to make our own ventilators in this pandemic, but what exact part numbers from your hardware store did you use, and what other part numbers from other hardware stores would be acceptable alternative parts. Thank you

Travis Johnson

Thanks for commenting! We are fleshing out a bill of materials currently. We will distribute on our main page as soon as we are able.

Alfonso Medina

Along with the part numbers from the hardware store you bought the materials from could we get a brief description of the items? Some of us are from different countries and we may not have access to the same hardware stores and materials so having said information could help us to develop the ventilators with similar items.

If you need help documenting all of this I would be happy to help.

Thanks for the information and the amazing work!

Natasha Sherwood

I run a 400 student electrician apprentice and Home Depot is one of our biggest sponsors. Let me know if our students can help build or I can help with Home Depot. I am 96 and 98 UF grad.

Travis Todd

A few things when looking at this.

I realize things are changing quickly and these items in particular aren’t final – hopefully you suggest an alternative:

• Item: Charlotte Pipe Schedule 40 1/2 in. Spigot x 1/2 in. Dia. Slip PVC Plug — I believe is going to be difficult to source.
      • Item: Bontrager Tube (27-inch, Schrader Valve) — I believe this is going to be hard to source outside of ordering online.

Also, I don’t see where you are listing the air coupler plug (attaches to the regulator item J) in the BOM? What size, and does it matter if it’s automotive or industrial?

Thank you!

John Kearney

Very interested in this project. Based in the UK, sprinkler valves as per the green Orbit 24vac type are largely unobtainable, unlike the US.

Plenty of 3/4 12vdc inline solenoid valves can be found quite cheap and plentiful but additional piping would be required to include manual inflation bag as no man override on plain v/v’s

Has anyone in UK or EC been able to source sprinkler valves or have any input to add to this discussion

Thanks for all the hard work

Maciej

Please update BOM with the requirements each specific part meets so sourcing replacements outside of US is easier.

For example:
      High Flow Regulator 1002085188

• has pressure regulation range of X, which is within the required range of Y
      • has maximum flow of A, which is higher than the minimum required of B
      • has 1/4″ connectors

And so on, for each part that isn’t tubing

Eric Paton

The video on the main page shows a PEEP valve, but I don’t see this in the Bill of Materials. I think I found the one in the video. PEEP
      Why is this not in the BOM?

Michael Barretta

I’ve been working on cross referencing all the Home Depot parts specified with parts from McMaster Carr. My hope is that this would provide a second backup supply in case issues arise with finding parts at Home Depot.

Would this be helpful?

MB, yes, very helpful to cross-reference the parts to McMaster Carr – thank you

Natasha, yes we can use all the help you can get us from Home Depot – thank you

Apologies for the delay in responding; we’ve been busy and honestly overwhelmed

Eamon Kelley

I’m doing the same thing as Michael but with Ace Hardware. I’m having trouble finding the new D2 “orifice plate” in v1.2 from any of my suppliers. Doesn’t anyone have another name or a link for that part online?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Open Source Ventilator Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.