IV Access Sim
Mixed Simulator of IV Access
This robust, turnkey mixed reality simulator simulates a hand and forearm for practicing, learning, teaching and debriefing IV placement procedures.
Designed for austere environments, it does not require wireless or internet access or wet fluids; accepts 110/220V, 50—60Hz. It can be unpacked and set up by a person unfamiliar with it and be operational in 5-7 minutes.
The portable simulator fits inside a military-spec padded case with inbuilt wheels and telescoping pull-handle that meets airline checked luggage size limits (L+W+H=60”) and weighs less than 50 lbs.
- 3D-printed physical hand and forearm including bones
- Virtual model of the anatomy of the veins, arteries, muscles, bones, and nerves
- Tracked instruments: IV needle, IV catheter, and virtual camera
- Common SMARTS modular stand with interoperable instruments for use with other modular anatomies
- Automated checklist algorithm and replay system
- Adheres to SMARTS (System of Modular Augmented Reality Tracking Simulators) rapid simulator development platform specs
- Quick-release placement and indexing of SMARTS-compliant anatomies to SMARTS platform
- Precise sub-millimeter tracking of all tracked tools
- Skin-like gel can be rejuvenated in-situ for indefinite re-use
- IV placement in back of hand
- Shallow IV placement in forearm
- Deep IV placement forearm under ultrasound guidance
- Adjustable view modes for realism and AARs
- Cognitive aids for US needle alignment
- Tourniquet pressure monitor
- Debriefing with replay of past procedures
- Virtual vein size responds to tourniquet pressure and wrist slap
- Steadiness of virtual veins in hand responds to proper skin traction
- Real catheter advancement