Open Source Ventilator Engineering Specifications

Homepage Forums Open Source Ventilator Project Open Source Ventilator Engineering Specifications

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Please discuss engineering specifications for the OS Ventilator here.

Seham

Hello Dear,

Thank for your interesting of find solutions to help the World to destroy of CoviD 19.

Please discuss open architecture specifications and modular design specifications here and all of subsystem components.

Rich Reiter

I see a flow sensor but I do not see any flow control or limiter. Isn’t it possible that as soon as the inspired gas valve opens the lungs can inflate instantly, instead of over a 1 – 2 sec interval? Couldn’t this be a problem for lungs of low compliance?

John Mazur

Hi, I’m a current student at Michigan Technological university, I had a few design ideas that I thought may not have been considered.
      1. A different way of creating a pressurized air space. This could be created using two computer fans that have corresponding one ways valves attached (one for in, one for out) and an airtight food storage container to create an air chamber. for example Food container

2. I also liked the idea of using a household air purifier to hydrate/purify the air. the hydration could be completed using a moisture drip system similar to how an iv works. Here is an example. https://www.grainger.com/product/AIR-HANDLER-Antimicrobial-Pleated-Air-2EKE1

joseph Robinson

We have built heap filter by glueing a commercially available heap filter into an airtight box with an inlet and outlet fitting glued into the appropriate parts.

joseph Robinson

Sorry HEPA, spell check

joseph Robinson

How about using a small diameter transparent tube submerged in water as both a pressure gauge and also an emergency relief valve. I have read that 40 CM H20 is required for relief valve.

Daniel Waffler

The different diameter of Tee [T] & [E] is due to the Valve Plug size and the elbow [R] geometry and not related to any flow difference in to/ from patient section?

Ed E

Pls kindly repost the specs for comments. I’m a new participant. Thanks

ASHWIN S

Is this a positive pressure volume-controlled ventilator? i.e. where the tidal volume of the lungs is controlled each cycle.
      OR
      is this a positive pressure pressure-controlled ventilator? i.e where the pressure of the lungs are controlled each cycle.
      Thank you in advance!

David Saeger

Im currently sourcing parts from the v1.2 parts list and am having trouble sourcing one of the parts. Can anyone suggest a source for the following part:

Orifice Plate, 1″ OD, 0.067″ diameter hole, 1/8″ thick, delrin

Johnny

I am definitely interested.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Open Source Ventilator Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.