Chest Tube Simulator
Mixed-Reality Simulator of Chest Tube Insertion
This robust, turnkey, mixed-reality simulator simulates part of an anatomically correct thorax for practicing, learning, teaching and debriefing a chest tube thoracostomy procedure.
Designed for austere environments, this medical simulator does not require wireless or internet access or wet fluids and accepts 110/220V, 50—60Hz. It can be unpacked and set up by a person unfamiliar with it and be operational in 5-7 minutes.
The portable simulator fits inside a military-spec padded case with inbuilt wheels and telescoping pull-handle that meets airline checked luggage size limits (L+W+H=60”) and weighs less than 50 lbs.
We can provide access to the simulator or copies of the simulator. Contact us for details.
- 3D-printed physical thorax including ribs and pleural space
- Virtual model of the anatomy of the heart, lungs, liver, and diaphragm
- Tracked instruments: chest tube, Kelly clamp, finger tracker, and virtual camera controller
- Common System of Modular Mixed and Augmented Reality Tracking Simulators (SMMARTS) modular stand with interoperable instruments for use with other modular anatomies
- Automated checklist algorithm and replay system
- Adheres to SMMARTS rapid simulator development platform (modular stand and SDK) specifications
- Quick-release placement and indexing of SMMARTS-compliant anatomies to SMMARTS platform
- Precise sub-millimeter tracking of all tracked tools
- Skin-like replaceable inserts with muscle tissue can be rejuvenated in situ for indefinite reuse
- Chest Tube Thoracostomy
- Designed for future addition of pericardiocentesis
- Adjustable view modes for realism and after action review
- Cognitive aids for chest tube placement
- Tactile feedback of ribs and pleura
- Debriefing with replay of past procedures
- Large left and right chest tube insertion zones
- Capable of several tube placements on each side before rejuvenation is necessary