Central Venous Access (CVA) Simulator
Mixed-Reality Simulator of Central Venous Access
This turnkey, mixed-reality simulator is for practicing, learning, teaching and debriefing central venous access by the internal jugular, infraclavicular, supraclavicular and axillary approaches with and without ultrasound guidance.
Designed for austere environments, this medical simulator does not require wireless or internet access or wet fluids and accepts 110/220V, 50—60Hz. It can be unpacked and set up by a person unfamiliar with it and be operational in 5-7 minutes.
The portable simulator fits inside a military-spec padded case with inbuilt wheels and telescoping pull-handle that meets airline checked luggage size limits (L+W+H=60”) and weighs less than 50 lbs.
We can provide access to the simulator or copies of the simulator. Contact us for details.
- CT scan-based 3D printed physical mannequin
- Virtual model of the anatomy of the neck and upper chest
- Tracked interoperable instruments: needle, ultrasound probe, virtual camera
- Common System of Modular Augmented Reality Tracking Simulators (SMARTS) modular stand for use with other modular anatomies
- Automated scoring and replay system
- Automated instructional materials teach how to perform procedures
- Internal jugular (IJ) vein access (Out-of-Plane/In-Plane/Oblique US-Guided, Landmark)
- Infraclavicular (aka Subclavian) vein access (Out-of-Plane/In-Plane US-Guided, Landmark)
- Supraclavicular vein access (Out-of-Plane/In-Plane US-Guided, Landmark)
- Axillary vein access (Out-of-Plane/In-Plane US-Guided)
- Adheres to SMARTS rapid simulation development platform specifications
- Quick-release placement and indexing of SMARTS-compliant anatomies to SMARTS platform
- Anatomically correct, based on medical imaging scans of a real human
- Precise sub-millimeter tracking of all tracked tools
- High-durability skin is rejuvenated in situ for indefinite reuse
- Adjustable difficulty levels (Easy/Medium/Hard)
- Adjustable view modes for realism and after action review
- Ultrasound probe with depth markers
- Anisotropy simulation for both needle and lung
- Integrated tutor for self-study and self-debriefing
- Vein compression
- Cognitive aids for probe and needle orientation
- Tactile feedback of bone and vein access
- Debriefing with instant replay of past procedure