IV Access Simulator
Mixed-Reality Simulator of IV Access
This robust, turnkey, mixed-reality simulator simulates a hand and forearm for practicing, learning, teaching and debriefing IV placement procedures.
Designed for austere environments, this medical simulator does not require wireless or internet access or wet fluids and accepts 110/220V, 50—60Hz. It can be unpacked and set up by a person unfamiliar with it and be operational in 5-7 minutes.
The portable simulator fits inside a military-spec padded case with inbuilt wheels and telescoping pull-handle that meets airline checked luggage size limits (L+W+H=60”) and weighs less than 50 lbs.
We can provide access to the simulator or copies of the simulator. Contact us for details.
- 3D-printed physical hand and forearm including bones
- Virtual model of the anatomy of the veins, arteries, muscles, bones, and nerves
- Tracked instruments: IV needle, IV catheter, and virtual camera
- Common System of Modular Augmented Reality Tracking Simulators (SMARTS) modular stand with interoperable instruments for use with other modular anatomies
- Automated checklist algorithm and replay system
- Adheres to SMARTS rapid simulator development platform specifications
- Quick-release placement and indexing of SMARTS-compliant anatomies to SMARTS platform
- Precise sub-millimeter tracking of all tracked tools
- Skin-like gel can be rejuvenated in situ for indefinite reuse
- IV placement in back of hand
- Shallow IV placement in forearm
- Deep IV placement forearm under ultrasound guidance
- Adjustable view modes for realism and after action review
- Cognitive aids for US needle alignment
- Tourniquet pressure monitor
- Debriefing with replay of past procedures
- Virtual vein size responds to tourniquet pressure and wrist slap
- Steadiness of virtual veins in hand responds to proper skin traction
- Real catheter advancement